Date: January 10th 2020
Location: Turner Contemporary gallery, Margate, Kent.
Expressions of Medical Creativity
Employee Wellbeing in Healthcare
Turner Contemporary gallery, Margate, Kent.
January 10th 2020
Programme and speakers: www.creativethought.co.uk
About this Event
A one day gathering for doctors, healthcare practitioners and managers looking to explore how creativity and the arts can help promote wellbeing at work in healthcare and medicine.
Working lives are pressured. We hope to create a unique experience – a meeting for cultural enthusiasts, the curious, and those yet to be convinced they are creative at all. Time to find out how creativity can improve self-expression and embrace individuality.
A blend of inward reflection on self-care, mental health and burnout via the medical humanities, with appreciation of award winning contemporary arts. Expressions of Medical Creativity will include time to visit the Turner Prize 2019 exhibition at the Turner Contemporary gallery.
We’ve made an experience which we hope will rejuvenate and inspire, allowing ideas around wellbeing, positivity and fun in the workplace to flourish
For full programme and speaker biographies
- Dr Stephanie de Giorgio, East Kent Portfolio GP.
- Dr Esther Murray, Health Psychologist, Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Amy Wilson, Neurosciences Researcher. Sheffield Institute for Translational Neuroscience (SITraN)
- Dr Heidi Edmundson, Emergency Medicine Consultant, Wittington Hospital
- Dr Jo Talbot-Bowen, Consultant Psychotherapist, Exeter Stress Clinic
- Dr Louise Younie, GP, Medical Educator, Arts and Wellbeing, Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Dr Hugh Grant Peterkin, Consultant Psychiatrist, Older Adult Liaison, The East London NHS Foundation Trust and trained at London International School of Performing Arts (LISPA)
Email: email@example.com for information on group discounts