Deakin University is currently recruiting for a Lecturer in Health Ethics, Law or Professionalism in the School of Medicine. This is a 0.8FTE continuing position at Level B, located at the Geelong Waurn Ponds campus. A second, full time position in a similar role will be advertised shortly.
About the role:
The Lecturer will be required to teach, undertake research and publish in the areas of health ethics and/or health law, and professionalism. The appointee will promote the School and establish and maintain links and partnerships with relevant academic, industry and professional communities. The appointee will make an independent contribution to the School’s teaching, research, and program development. This will include:
- Teaching in the areas of health ethics and/or health law and professionalism at the undergraduate and postgraduate level that is consistent with the University’s principles of teaching, learning and the student experience.
- Developing learning environments that are flexible, student-centred and accessible, utilising appropriate technology.
- Contributing to building an active (national) research record, including publication and the generation of external research income.
- Participating with colleagues in developing and maintaining links and partnerships with industry and the wider community.
About the candidate:
- PhD in a relevant field.
- Experience in teaching and supervision in health ethics and/or health law and/or professionalism at undergraduate or postgraduate levels.
- Experience in developing curricula and educational resources that reflect an understanding of the practical application of ethical or legal principles in the context of healthcare service delivery.
- Proven research activity in health ethics and/or health law, including a sound record of publications in highly ranked academic journals.
For further information, contact Dr Dominique Martin: telephone +61 3 5247 9482, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary range: $90,779- $107,553 pa pro rata (plus 17% superannuation)
Closing date: Sunday 4th December 2016
Further details: https://www.seek.com.au/job/32254935
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion. Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.