Location: Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities (IASH), University of Edinburgh
Deadline for Applications: 28th February 2018 for the Visiting Researcher Fellowships and 30th April 2018 for the Postdoctoral Fellowships and Bursaries
Applications are now open for two new Fellowships in Digital Scholarship, based at the university’s Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities (IASH). IASH provides an enviable location in one of the world’s most intellectually inspiring cities, together with a dynamic network of international connections.
- Digital Scholarship Visiting Research Fellowships
These Visiting Fellowships of between two and four months are intended to encourage outstanding, digitally-focussed, interdisciplinary research, international scholarly collaboration, and networking activities of Visiting Research Fellows with a specific focus on the digital.A bursary of up to £1,000 will be offered to successful candidates to contribute towards travel and subsistence costs. The closing date for applications is 28 February 2018. You can find the application form here and more information here.
- Digital Scholarship Postdoctoral Fellowships and Bursaries
Applications are invited for postdoctoral bursaries from candidates in Digital Arts, Digital Humanities, Digital Education, Digital Design and Digital Social Sciences. A 2018-2019 Digital Scholarship Postdoctoral Fellowship provides:
Research visit at the University of Edinburgh for three to six months
- Bursary of up to a maximum of £7,500
- Dedicated office space, University e-mail and library access
- An allocated University mentor from an area relevant to Fellows’ research interests
- Weekly Fellows’ Lunch to build community
- Collegial work-in-progress seminar series for testing new ideas
- Calendar of engaging events at the Institute and College
- Opportunities to participate in and design funded workshops, colloquia etc. at the Institute
The Institute warmly welcomes applications from both within and beyond the University of Edinburgh. Applicants must have been awarded a doctorate at the time of application, and normally within the last three years. You should not have held a permanent position at a university, or a previous Fellowship at the Institute for Advanced Studies. Those who have held temporary and/or short-term appointments are eligible to apply.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 30 April 2018. You can find the online application form here and more information here.